*Editors Note: Recaps and slide decks from the Sales Hacker Series – Hacking Lead Gen in Toronto are brought to you by Third Core. Third Core designs and executes repeatable, predictable sales strategies for technology companies all over North America. Follow us @Third_Core.
This session is titled Secrets To Driving High Conversion Inbound Leads by David Priemer, VP Sales, Salesforce.
Top 3 lessons learned about Sales
- Selling stuff is hard
- People operate on inertia and its hard to change the status quo
- Only your mom thinks you are smart
You have to break the Intertia (ie. people doing the status Quo)
- Reduce friction in the sales cycle to make it easy to buy
- Generate high intent leads to minimize the amount of work required in the sales cycle
Increase the amount of high intent leads using messaging that is:
- Polarizing- People get it quickly
- Relevant- Message hits home
- Insightful- Teaches people something
*Read Robert Cialdini’s “Yes! 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be More Persuasive”
Questions to ask when developing polarizing messaging
- What BIG problem are you tackling?
- What universal issue are you improving?
- Who specifically your solution targets.
Examples of polarizing messaging
- “Sales rep attrition costs your company millions”
- “Happy customers are your best sales people”
- “Accounting software for non-accountants”
Questions to ask when developing relevant messaging
- Is your customers pain part of your message?
- Are you focused on the right roles/people?
- Are the words you’re using the right ones?
Use mirroring to use the right words in your messaging
- Listen to the words your customers use when talking about their challenges and use them in your messaging
Provide insight during the sales cycle
- Leverage the power of reciprocity. People are more likely to buy when they feel they owe you something
- Use insights to uncover hidden pain
- Use messaging that is polarizing, relevant, and insightful to drive high intent leads
- Disrupt interia to drive high intent leads
- Use mirroring to ensure you use the same language as your prospects