How do you accelerate impact quickly and build empowered teams?
Daniella Bellaire, Global Head of Revenue Enablement at Shopify, spent the last 4 years in high-growth startup environments and she shares this aha moment that helped her build teams:
1. Level up the talent bar with each new hire
Be hyper intentional about the type of talent, experience, and skillset you’re bringing in:
- Use an interview scorecard
- Tap into your network to bring in people with the right skillset and culture fit
- Adopt a collaborative approach with the leadership team to empower them
2. Empower your team to make decisions
Early in her career, Daniella was more prescriptive with her team. But after being in the startup world, she’s experienced the freedom to make decisions and be more autonomous.
Now she looks for ways to empower her teams to do the same, to be creative, and think of new ways to solve problems and drive business impact.
Empowering your team to make decisions has many positive outcomes:
- They have a sense of pride and accomplishment
- They’re celebrated for their great ideas
- They’ll feel more engaged and connected to outcomes
It helps with overall happiness, retention, career-pathing and so much more!
Listen into this conversation with Danielle Bellaire, and host Christina Brady, for action-packed insights on building high-impact teams!ARVE Error: src mismatch
src in: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/pHTuJnZSGQw?feature=oembed&enablejsapi=1&origin=https://www.saleshacker.com
src gen: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/pHTuJnZSGQwActual comparison
src in: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/pHTuJnZSGQw?enablejsapi=1&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.saleshacker.com
src gen: https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/pHTuJnZSGQw
Host: Christina Brady, President of Sales Assembly
Guest: Daniella Bellaire, Global Head of Revenue Enablement at Shopify
- Daniella’s current role and background in revenue [0:20]
- Be hyper intentional about the type of talent, experience, and skillset you bring in [1:50]
- You don’t have to be prescriptive in where you want to go. Empower your team to make decisions and come with fresh ideas [2:00]
- How to raise the tide with each new hire, through score carding, tapping into your network to ensure the right skillset and culture fit, and having a collaborative approach with your leadership team to empower them. [2:38]
- Bezos framework: level one and level two decision making [3:00]
- What’s a quick tip for hiring the right person with the right skillset and culture fit? [4:10]
- Give people a job ready test. Give them a real scenario in the business to give thought to. Have them meet with members of the team to get the context. Have them present how they’d approach and solve the problem. [4:38]