Lead Generation, Prospecting 3 Comments
Building Massive Lead Lists Through Outsourcing
*Editors Note: Live updates from the Sales Hacker Series – Hacking Lead Gen in New York City are brought to you by Betts Recruiting. Betts Recruiting helps companies teams staff and attract talent for all revenue generating roles. Follow us @BettsRecruiting.
This session is titled Building Massive Lead Lists Through Outsourcing by the CEO of LeadGenius, Anand Kulkarni
How You Should Think About Growth
Once you have product market fit, the only acceptable limits on your sales are:
- Not enough leads at the top of the funnel
- Not enough sales people to close the deal
Growth Talking Points
- How to get sales people to pitch out to 50-100 extra people a day
- How to automate this process
What Sales Used To Be
- Hire a giant SDR staff
- Buy a canned list
- Work your way down that lead list with cold calls
Sales is Now Hypertargeted
- Find and rank every potential qualified customer in the entire country (with no developers!)
- Figure out relevant data about each of those customers
- Write each one of those customers a personalized message from a salesperson
Why Go Virtual?
In house SDR – in SF
- $80,000K per year plus benefits
- Slow to hire
- Competitive to retain
- Endless supply
- Dedicated and happy – working from home
How to set up a Virtual SDR team
- Jobs Board
Best practice for setting up virtual SDR Teams
- 1 lead gen staffer
- 1 outreach staffer
- 1 manager/QA (!!!)
Setting Up Your Lead List
There are 21 million businesses, 6 million with more than 1 person.
Your customers are listed in
- Yelp (47M establishments)
- LinkedIn(2M companies)
- Crunchbase(650K companies)
- Angelist(289K companies)
Start by searching and segment your lists
- State by State
- City by Sity
- Vertical by Vertical
Avoid low quality sources like Data.com and Dunn and Bradstreet. Old and expensive data. Plus, people on those lists are getting cold emailed all the time.
Helping Out Your Virtual SDRs
Researchers should have access to:
- Linkedin Premium
- Google Spreadsheets
- Toofr (verification)
Prospectors should have access to
- Linkedin Premium
- ToutApp, Yesware, or Streak
- Salesforce/CRM access
Use a virtual assistant – give them templates to use that they can personalize based on specific directions. It needs to be custom, personalized and relevant.
Check their LinkedIn profile, recent funding, any public information on them or their company.
- Interested – here are 3 times that work for me
- Check back later – Automatically schedule a follow-up mail
- Specific question – Here’s more info
Measuring Your ROI – Is Very Important!
You have to be able to see what is working and what isn’t. So always be tracking…
- Cost per lead
- Leads per week
- Emails per week
What Numbers Should You Expect?
10 leads per hour, 10 custom emails per hour, 10% response rate
Cost per message is $1-2, $20 cost per lead, $80-200 per closed deal.
- Don’t do this inhouse
- Generate massive lists of leads
- Prospect short and sweet and until pipeline is full
- Monitor ROI obsessively