Community is often referred to as a feeling of fellowship with others, or a tribe to go through life’s ups and downs with. When you felt helpless, uncertain and scared this year, having a community surround you and pick you up makes a world of difference.
I couldn’t think of a better description.
This week, we are celebrating Sales Hacker’s one year anniversary of our community.
What have you been working on?
This community is only made possible by you: your kindness to other members, willingness to connect and help, and desire to change the way sales looks in every single organization.
Many of our members came to Sales Hacker to learn more about sales leadership (like Neal) , lead generation (like Alfred), and staying top of mind (like Saafi). Others shared their passion for personal and professional development in our welcome thread.
We spent time understanding our career goals and how we can support each other, reflecting on what we’ve learned (and what we wished we could have known earlier)- all while learning from top Sales Professionals around the world.
We set the record straight when people asked if cold calling was dead, anxiously listened when Sam Jacobs spoke with the best thought leaders of our times about decision making, negotiations, and race in corporate America.Through it all, we did it together.
All 18,000 of us (and growing!)
What have we been working on?
Since Sales Hacker first launched community discussions, the Engineering team has added over 1400 Git Commits adding tens of thousands of lines of code.
What did you get for all that effort?
- Usability Improvements—the small details that make it nicer to use. Made the sign up process easier, improved search and sorting, created clickable usernames and author bios, and kept you logged in longer.
- Bookmarking. Making it easier to find content you want to re-read later.
- Redesigned channel feeds. Making it easier to find the content you’re most interested in (watch for even more improvements coming soon!)
- Bug fixes and security updates. One of the best parts about Sales Hacker being powered by Outreach is how seriously they take cybersecurity. Sales Hacker is regularly tested by white hat hackers to keep you your data safe.
Some things we’re excited about that will be going live this month:
- Upvoting & downvoting content
- Exclusive, invite-only channels
- A redesign of the daily digests for members
We promise the best is yet to come
Here’s a sneak peak of some of the things we’ll be working on for 2021/2022:
- Training journeys & courses
- Mobile app
- Ability to invite others
- Badges and gamification
- Member username flair
- Member directory
- Job board
As we celebrate our members, our sponsors, our partners, our community leaders — we look to the next year with hope in our eyes for what we can accomplish together.
Our team is tirelessly working to make sure you have exactly what you need to accomplish every obstacle in front of you. We will be focusing on providing even more ways to feel the essence of community through networking opportunities, private groups, roundtables and training.
We are so grateful for you, the Sales Hacker community. We could not have done it without you and can’t wait to keep bringing more and more to every single one of you.