Buying intent data, or behavioral data about potential customers, is at the heart of any outbound sales process.
A successful campaign will always require 3 things:
1. Finding the right audience
2. Crafting the right message
3. Reaching out at the right time
Buying intent data helps you nail the 3 of them.
It helps you find the right audience because the data tells you the audience is considering a solution for the problem you solve.
It helps you craft the right message because you get intel to personalize a compelling email/call.
And it helps with timing because you know the prospect is looking for a solution right now.
Having a process to gather insightful buying intent data is what makes outbound teams very successful in their approach. Conversion rates double and sales reps have more insightful discussions with prospects about how they can help solve their problems.
The question is, where do you find this magic data?
These are my 6 favorite ways of finding potential customers with high buying intent:
1. Identify new managers on growing teams
2. Extract lists of competitor webinar attendees
3. Leverage unhappy customer reviews
4. Look for companies hiring and using a tool you integrate with
5. Engage with people who downloaded or interacted with a relevant online resource
6. Spot relevant questions in niche online communities
Feel free to check my process on how to get data like this in this guide: https://blog.amplemarket.com/buying-intent-signals/