*Editors Note: Recaps and slide decks from the Sales Hacker Series – Hacking Lead Gen in Toronto are brought to you by Third Core. Third Core designs and executes repeatable, predictable sales strategies for technology companies all over North America. Follow us @Third_Core.
This session is titled Your Customer Are Your Best Sales Channel by Emmanuel Skala, VP of Sales, Influitive.
Buyers Are In Control, Salespeople Need to Adapt
- Use an advocate network to ensure prospects have access to positive endorsements early in the cycle
- Make advocate enlistment a high priority activity in your company
- Ask advocates to review you on social pages, review sites, etc.
**Read Geoffrey Moore’s “Crossing the Chasm”- Good Read Don’t Be Old School
- Traditional approach says not to introduce referrals until prospects are close to close
- Better to introduce referrals early in the cycle when prospects are the most unsure
- 4.2 x higher probability of closing a deal when using advocacy
Be a “Matchmaker”
- Introduce advocates that have similar roles and responsibilities to your prospect
- Frame introduction so it is beneficial to both parties, not just you
Delight Your Customers
- Get to know them through sales cycle, send them a gift when the deal closes
- 60% of Brand Loyalty is based on sales process
Take Advantage of the Honeymoon Period
- Soon after closing the deal ask customer for a referral. Who do they know that might benefit from the same solution? Who do they know that has the same challenges?
The Influitive Sales Process
- Hack #1- Build Personal Brand, Get Advocates to Review you
- Hack #2- Be a matchmaker with your prospects
Educate – 75% of Sales Process
- Hack #1- Get advocates to give you reviews
- Hack #2- Rethink references- give them earlier!
- Hack #1- Delight with gifts and insights
- Hack #2- Ask for referrals from new customers
Three Times to Ask for Referral
- Disqualified – They cant use your product or service but is there anyone in there network that can
- After the Deal is closed
- When the customer received value from Product / Service
Close the loop
- When someone gives you a referral provide them an update on how the sales cycle is progressing
- Begin to build a culture of advocacy with your customers
- Go and ask your customers whether they are willing to provide references a few times a month, provide them value for doing so (ie. introduce them to people they value meeting)
- Introduce referrals earlier in the cycle by being a matchmaker
- Connect, educate, and delight!