Last updated: July 19, 2022
Sales Hacker, a brand owned by Outreach Corporation, is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of any personal information about our users. Your privacy is always at the top of our priorities, and we are focused on protecting it from unauthorized access. This Privacy Statement explains who we are and spells out how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from or about you and how to exercise your privacy rights. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Statement in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Statement, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
- About Us
- What Does this Privacy Statement Cover?
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Personal Information
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- International Data Transfers
- Data Protection Rights
- Additional Information for Europe
- Additional Information for California
- Data Retention
- Changes to our Privacy Statement
- Contacting Us
Sales Hacker is an online community of B2B sales professionals committed to elevate the sales profession and support sales professionals in their journey to success. We offer a multi-media platform and several services, including community articles, forums, videos, jobs board; podcasts, webinars, online training and other events. Sales Hacker is now owned by Outreach which is headquartered in Seattle, United States and has offices in Europe. You can find more about Sales Hacker here.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), UK or Switzerland, the controller of your personal information is Outreach Corporation.
This Privacy Statement applies to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information that we collect from you or that you provide when you engage with saleshacker.com (“Website”), access our content, use our services or attend our webinars (together the “Sales Hacker Resources”).
References in this document to “Agreement” refer to the Sales Hacker Terms & Conditions, contracts with Sales Hacker, or other agreed upon terms.
We may collect and store the following information when providing the Sales Hacker Resources:
Information You Provide Voluntarily
When using certain Sales Hacker Resources we may ask you to provide certain information voluntarily. This typically includes:
- Identification and contact information: When you register for an account on our Website, or to a webinar, a training or an event or otherwise interact with the Sales Hacker Resources, we collect some personal information, such as your name, phone number, email address, company and title, and home and/or business postal addresses as well as urls to other social media accounts;
- Log-in credentials, such as your username and password to log into your account;
- Communication data and contents, such as the comments or content you post on our Website, including your comments to the community articles, videos and other online contents and the content of your discussions in our community forums or any other information you choose to share on our Website;
- Support data, such as feedback or information about a technical issue you have reported;
- Marketing information such as your marketing preferences;
- Any information you choose to provide to us when completing any ‘free text’ boxes in our forms or when you other contact us or communicate with us.
Information We Collect Automatically
Like most companies that offer online services, we may automatically collect certain information from your computer or device, about your use of the Sales Hacker Resources. We use this information to provide the Sales Hacker Resources, ensure their security, and to help us improve and promote them. This typically includes:
- Location data: We may derive your general location based on your IP address.
- Activity data: We may also collect information about how you use and interact with the Sales Hacker Resources, such as the content you view or download and the actions you take and the time and duration of your activities.
- Third party providers: Google Analytics & Amplitude also track what operating system, and browser are in use. We also know if it’s a mobile, tablet, or desktop device via Google Analytics.
Information We Obtain from Third-Party Sources:
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources but only when these third parties have confirmed to us that they either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose this information to us. This typically includes:
- User Data Supplementation: We may receive additional demographic information about you (including your company, job title or business contact details) from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties such as ZoomInfo, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Google Analytics, etc. from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, and to support Sales Hacker’s marketing and sales efforts, including to contact you when we think certain Sales Hacker Resources may be of interest to you, in accordance with your marketing preferences. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information about you for the purposes detailed below. In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and Switzerland, we need a lawful basis to collect, use and disclose your personal information. Our lawful basis will depend on the information concerned and the context in which it is processed and this is also detailed here.
- Improving and developing the Sales Hacker Resources: We use personal information to analyze trends to identify future opportunities for the development, promotion, and improvement of the Sales Hacker Resources, in reliance on our legitimate interests in developing and improving the Sales Hacker Resources, or where required, with your consent. For example, we use personal information, often in a de-identified form, to develop new features, capabilities, or products, improve the user experience, assess capability requirements, and identify customer opportunities.
- Securing the Sales Hacker Resources: We process personal information by tracking use of the Sales Hacker Resources for the purposes of maintaining the safety and security of the Sales Hacker Resources, including verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, and enforcing our terms and policies, in reliance on our legitimate interest in promoting the safety and security of the Sales Hacker Resources, systems and applications and in protecting our rights and the rights of others.
- Managing events: We use personal information to plan and host events or webinars for which you have registered or that you attend, including sending related communications to you, to perform our Agreement with you or in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering and promoting the event.
- Providing the Sales Hacker Resources, including to allow you to communicate with other users on our community platforms: We use personal information to operate and provide the Sales Hacker Resources and to tailor the Sales Hacker Resources to your needs and preferences to perform our Agreement with you. Where we have not entered into an Agreement with you, we process your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests in operating and improving our internal operations, systems and the Sales Hacker Resources, and to provide you with the content, products or services you access and request (e.g., to download content from our website).
- Managing user registrations: If you have registered for an account with us, we use your personal information to manage your user account to perform our Agreement with you according to applicable terms of service.
- Providing customer support: We use personal information to troubleshoot and diagnose problems, and provide other customer care and support services, including to help us provide, improve, and secure the quality of our products, services, and training, and to investigate security incidents in reliance on our legitimate interests.
- Handling contact and user requests: If you fill out a web form or request support, if you contact us by other means, including via a phone call, we use your personal information to perform our Agreement with you or if we do not have a contract directly with you, in reliance on our legitimate interests in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you.
- Sending administrative communications: We may use your personal information to send you administrative messages to perform our Agreement with you, or in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering the Sales Hacker Resources.
- Registering office visitors: We may process your personal information for security reasons, to register visitors to our offices and to manage non-disclosure agreements that visitors may be required to sign, to the extent such processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting our offices and our confidential information against unauthorized access.
- Displaying advertising and relevant offers: We use personal information we collect through our interactions with you to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our Website, and to provide other personalized content based on your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in advertising the Sales Hacker Resources, or where necessary, to the extent that you have provided your prior consent.
- Sending marketing communications: We use personal information we collect to send promotional communications, including product recommendations, and other non-transactional communications (e.g. marketing newsletters, telemarketing calls, SMS, or push notifications) about Sales Hacker or Outreach.io according to your marketing preferences. This may include information about our products, promotions, or events as necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing, or to the extent you have provided your prior consent. Please see the “Your Privacy Rights” section, below, to learn how you can control the processing of your personal information by us for marketing purposes.
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your personal information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws, to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of personal information to protect our rights, or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of the Sales Hacker Resources, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes, or to respond to lawful requests.
- Processing job applications: We process your personal information if you apply for a job with us, to evaluate your application and make hiring decisions, communicate with you and inform you of current and future career opportunities (unless you tell us that you do not want us to keep your details for such purposes), manage and improve our recruiting and hiring processes, or to conduct reference and background checks where required or permitted by applicable local law. We perform this processing to the extent that it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for our legitimate interest in assessing the suitability of our candidates and managing our recruiting process, or, where required by applicable law, with your consent.
- For our business purposes: We may use personal information for other legitimate business purposes in reliance on our legitimate interests, such as to update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, data analysis, to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying the Sales Hacker Resources, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, free trials and operating and expanding our business activities.
In general, we will use the personal information we collect only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
Within our group companies and brands
We may share your personal information with our group companies, who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of the Sales Hacker Resources), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Statement. We may also share your personal information with other brands within our group, such as Outreach in accordance with applicable law and your marketing preferences where we consider the services of those brands may be of interest to you.
When you attend a webinar, we may share your name, email address and the title of the webinar you attended with the sponsor of the webinar, for their own marketing purposes. Your personal information will then be processed in accordance with the sponsor’s own privacy practices.
Vendors, Service Providers, and Business Partners
We may use certain trusted third-party vendors, service providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, and improvement of the Sales Hacker Resources’ features). These third parties will only process your information for purposes described in this Privacy Statement or that are notified to you when we or they collect your information.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Sales Hacker’s Rights
We may disclose to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party data stored in your Sales Hacker account and information about you that we process only when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with a law, regulation, or compulsory legal request, such as to comply with a subpoena; (b) protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of Sales Hacker or its users; or (d) to protect Sales Hacker’s rights. Please note that if we provide any personal information stored in your Sales Hacker account to a law enforcement agency, we will remove Sales Hacker’s encryption from the information before providing it to law enforcement.
Your information may be transferred to potential or actual buyers (and their agents and advisers) in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Statement.
We may share your information with others where you have given your consent to the disclosure.
Cookies and Other Tracking technologies
For further information about the types of cookies and similar tracking technologies other we use, why, and how you can control them, please see our Cookie Notice
Please note that Cookie Settings can also be found in the footer of this page.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to help analyze how people use the Sales Hacker Resources, compile reports and improve the quality and relevance of the Sales Hacker Resources. The information generated by Google Analytics is transmitted to and stored by Google and is subject to Google’s privacy policies. To learn more about Google’s partner services and how to opt out of analytics tracking by Google, click here.
International Data Transfers
Sales Hacker is owned by Outreach, a US company and our service providers are located in the US and other countries. This means that your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are located. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
However, we take appropriate safeguards to ensure that your information remains protected in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable data protection laws. If you are located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom or Switzerland these safeguards include transferring your information to a country that the relevant authorities (as applicable) have determined provides an adequate level of protection for personal information, or by implementing standard contractual clauses with our third party service providers and partners.
Data Protection Rights
You can access and control the personal information that we process about you as follows:
- Account Information: If you are a registered user, you may review, update, correct, or delete certain personal information we hold about you or that you provided in your registration or account profile (such as your name and contact details) by changing your account settings.
- Account closure: if you no longer desire to use the Sales Hacker Resources, you may delete your account by making the change in your account settings, although (in some cases) we may retain copies of your information if required by law, to protect our rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it.
- Direct marketing. You can opt-out from marketing communications that we send including our newsletters, at any time. You can do this by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing communications we send, by accessing the email preferences in your account settings page, by clicking on this link or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the details provided below.
- Privacy rights. Depending on your location and applicable data protection laws, you may also have certain rights with regard to the personal information we control about you.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their privacy rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to exercise any of the rights which are available to you under applicable data protection laws, please contact us at email@example.com or by using the details provided below. Please note that in order to protect your personal information we may need to verify your identity before we can respond to your request.
Additional Information for Europe
Under European laws (including the GDPR) you may have the following rights:
- the right to access, rectify, and delete your personal information
- the right to port your personal information to another controller
- the right to restrict certain processing of your personal information and object to our processing of your personal information
- where we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
Additional Information for California
If you are a California resident and the processing of personal information about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), the following information also applies to you and supplements the information contained in this Privacy Statement:
Information We Collect and Sources of Information:
Our Privacy Statement already describes the information we collect and the sources of information – see the above sections “Personal Information We Collect” and “How We Use Personal Information”. This section organizes that information around the personal information categories set out in the CCPA:
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following information for the following purposes:
- Identifiers (such as your name, username, email address and cookies). We obtain this information when you provide it to us or otherwise automatically in the course of your interactions with the Sales Hacker Resources.
- Business records (such as payment information). We obtain this information directly from you or otherwise automatically in the course of your interactions with the Sales Hacker Resources.
- Demographic information / Classification characteristics under California or federal law (such as age or date of birth). We obtain this information if you provide it to us.
- Commercial information (such as services purchased). We obtain this information directly from you or otherwise automatically in the course of your interactions with the Sales Hacker Resources.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as search history and browser information). We obtain this information automatically in the course of your interactions with the Sales Hacker Resources.
- Geolocation data (such as your country location based on your IP address). We obtain this information when you provide it to us or otherwise automatically in the course of your interactions with the Sales Hacker Resources.
- Audio, video and other electronic data (such as the content you upload to the Website, chat and any interaction that you may have with us and other users of the Website, for example for customer service purposes or content posted on the forums). We obtain this information when you provide it to us or otherwise automatically in the course of your interactions with the Sales Hacker Resources.
- Professional or employment-related information (such as your job title). We obtain this information when you provide it to us.
- Profiles and inferences (such as inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile). We obtain this information automatically in the course of your interactions with our Website.
How We Share your Personal Information:
We do not share your personal information except as approved by you or as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information described above for the business purposes described in this Privacy Statement:
- Identifiers such as those set forth above;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Demographic information / Classification characteristics;
- Commercial information;
- Geo-location data;
- Audio, video and other electronic data;
- Professional or employment-related information; and
- Profiles and inferences.
Under the CCPA, a “sale” is defined very broadly and includes a wide array of data sharing. As the term is defined by the CCPA, we “sold” the following categories of personal information in the last 12 months: identifiers/contact information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above. We “sold” such information to advertising networks and data analytics providers. The business purposes of “selling” personal information is for third-party companies to perform services on our behalf, such as marketing, advertising, and audience measurement. We do not have any actual knowledge that we “sell” personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.
Most modern web browsers give you the option to send a Do Not Track signal to the sites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. However, there is no accepted standard for how a site should respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal.
If you are a California resident our default cookie settings may constitute a sale of personal information. You can change your cookie settings using our cookie consent management tool here .
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have the following consumer privacy rights:
- Right to Know – You have a right to request that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected about you. You also have a right to request additional information about our collection, use, disclosure, or sale of such personal information in the past 12 months. Note that we have provided much of this information in this privacy statement. You may make such a “request to know” by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Request Deletion – You also have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions. To make a request to delete, contact us at email@example.com.
- Right to Opt-Out – You have a right to opt-out from future “sales” of personal information. Note that the CCPA defines “sell” and “personal information” very broadly, and some of our data sharing described in this privacy statement may be considered a “sale” under those definitions as explained above. For more information, including how to opt-out, please see the “Cookies and Other Tracking technologies” section of this statement.
- Right to be Notified of Financial Incentives: You have the right to be notified of any financial incentives offers and their material terms, the right to opt-out of such incentives at any time, and may not be included in such incentives without your prior informed opt-in consent. We do not offer any such incentives at this time.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
California law also permits you to request certain information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us and our related companies to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights under the CCPA. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
Further, to provide or delete specific pieces of personal information we will need to verify your identity to the degree of certainty required by law.
For more information regarding data rights requests, refer to the Contacting Us section below.
Sales Hacker will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Sales Hacker Resources. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you the Sales Hacker Resources, you may delete your account. We may retain and use your information for longer where we have a legitimate business purpose to do so or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. When we no longer have an ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any personal information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at Privacy@SalesHacker.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information. If this is the case, we will let you know and indicate why.
Sales Hacker stresses its privacy and security standards. Although no one can guarantee absolute security, we regularly re-evaluate our privacy and security policies in order to adapt to new challenges. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We encrypt the most sensitive data that you store on Sales Hacker using standard encryption methods, which is the same encryption standard used by banks to secure customer data.
The Sales Hacker Resources are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without the parent’s consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make a material change to this Privacy Statement, we will provide you with appropriate notice (for example, by email, a sign-in notification, or some other means) and obtain your consent if and where this is required by applicable data protection law prior to the change becoming effective. You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the “last updated” date at the top of this Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at https://www.saleshacker.com/contact/ or at: Outreach Corporation, 333 Elliott Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119. Or by calling at 1 (888) 938-7356.
You can also contact:
- Our EU Representative: Rivacy at: Rivacy GmbH, Hammerbrookstraße 90, 20097 Hamburg, Germany
- Our UK office: Outreach Corporation UK Limited, 70 Wilson St, London, EC2A 2DB, United Kingdom
Adjust your email preferences here: Email Preferences
Request access to your personal data here: Privacy Request Form
Regarding other privacy-related matters, email us at email@example.com