Sales is not an easy topic for academia to teach, in part because it’s so cross-disciplinary. You have to know about marketing, persuasion, technology, and strategy — to start with.
Not to mention this: Does the sales organization even know what the heck it’s doing?
In this episode, we chat with Frank Cespedes, Senior Lecturer at Harvard Business School (and former instructor of our CEO, Manny Medina), about why sales poses such a hurdle for academia and how those challenges have shifted in the past decade.
Join us as we discuss:
- Balancing sales knowledge with strategic knowledge in the classroom
- Why giving data to finance people makes them annoying
- The necessity of understanding managerial finance
- Mistakes that new CROs usually make
- Debunking digital transformation in a supposedly digital-leads-physical world
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Revenue Innovators in your favorite podcast player.