How do modern buyers like to be sold to? Does cold outreach on Linkedin ever work? Is 1 to 1 video an effective selling medium? Does anyone pick up the office phone? A new sales engagement survey from The Bridge Group, Modern Sales Pros and Sales Hacker provides answers to all these questions and more, based on data from nearly 800 survey respondents. Without further ado, here are the top 5 takeaways from the survey.
Top 5 Takeaways from The Ultimate Sales Engagement Survey
- When it comes to reaching the ever-elusive C-suite, a phone call on the office phone is the best bet, right? Wrong! In fact, our new sales engagement survey found that the higher the title, the less likely the buyer was to have an office phone. Less than half of executives surveyed said they had an office phone, clocking in at just 44%.
- If someone has their cell phone number in their email signature, that means it’s fair game for a call, right? Probably. 53% of respondents said they felt positively about receiving a mobile phone call from a salesperson if their number was in their signature. Still, as a best practice, we recommend going the Canadian route and getting a double opt-in on this one-–it’s always nice to ask first!
- The older a prospect is, the less likely they are to want a call on their cell phone, right? Wrong! Check your ageism at the door. The age demographic who is least receptive to a call on mobile is in fact thirty-five to fifty-five year olds, the middle of the pack. When it comes to being called on their cell phone, under 35-year-olds and over 55-year-olds were the most likely to respond positively.
- Does Linkedin cold outreach ever work? Yes–but only if you craft a truly exceptional personalized message. According to our survey, 55% of respondents will respond occasionally to a customized connection request from a salesperson. Even better? Executives were the most likely to say they would accept the occasion Linkedin cold outreach. So go ahead; add a note. It’s worth it.
- Is Linkedin truly King? While Linkedin is definitely huge, the majority of our respondents still prefer good ole email as their number one communication medium of choice, including Marketers, Executives, and Sales Ops.
While these findings are fascinating, they are just the tip of the iceberg. Check your assumptions at the door and download the whole eBook “The Ultimate Sales Engagement Guide” here.