Sales Prospecting, Social Selling 0 Comment
Be Yourself with Video Selling
*Editors Note: Guest post by Sati Hillyer, Founder and CEO at OneMob. Sati is a seasoned entrepreneur with startup and big company experience that is transforming an idea into an established company.
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, it’s impossible to miss the impact video has had on us. YouTube is the world’s second largest search engine. Why? Simple, people enjoy watching videos more than reading text. It’s in our DNA, 93% of human communication is visual and vocal, so text alone will never be as captivating.
Yet, sales are still primarily done through emails and documents.
Think Differently, Use Video to Sell
After being inundated with hundreds of text-based emails and numerous unsolicited calls, it’s refreshing to see someone take the time to record a personal message. It’s like receiving a handwritten thank you card. Sending a personal video does a few things:
- Increases Engagement: Videos increase email open rates by 2x and click through rates by 15x.
- Increases Trust: Putting a face to a name shows the prospect you are NOT a robot and helps build trust (it’s much harder to ignore someone who shows more effort).
- Increases Conversion: Videos are captivating and fun to watch. With more watches, you can expect a 5x increase in response rates because your message is now finally being heard.
Sales in the past was face to face because you had no other option. Sure it took longer, but it was incredibly effective when building trust and establishing a longer term relationship. Let’s face it, today’s emails and phone calls are cold, face-less and suspicious. Even with powerful marketing automation tools, it’s so easy to come off as a robot to your prospects.
How to Sell with Your iPhone Camera Right NOW
Using the forward facing camera and holding your iPhone landscape (watching videos in portrait suck), you can get started right now. The initial experience is similar to recording your first voicemail, so I recommend following these tips:
- Have a Script: Don’t just go off the cuff. Instead, have an idea of what to say and practice it a couple times first so it comes off naturally.
- Keep Steady: Instead of holding the iPhone, use a tripod or lean it against the laptop screen and position at eye level. This allows you to focus on your delivery and keep from shaking.
- Have an Ask: After you introduce yourself and explain why you’re reaching out, be sure to end with an ask such as leave a response or schedule a time to meet.
Here’s an example to see what the end result can look like:
Sales is a numbers game. Prospects and customers are drowning in their inbox and it’s difficult for the sales person to stand out, be remembered and ultimately get a response. A short, personal and professionally branded video is the perfect hack to improve your sales. OneMob makes sales personal and fun again with the power of video, and the 5x increase in response is well worth it. Contact us to take advantage of our launch special. Happy selling!